eirias: (Default)
[personal profile] eirias
I get to come to Boston this weekend! Whee!

Anyone up for dinner in Davis Square on Sunday evening (1/20) and bowling at Sacco's to follow? I'm thinking dinner at 6 so the working folk aren't out too late ;). I know, some of you have tiny people and this timing may still be unrealistic for you, for which I do apologize...

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-17 08:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] oonh.livejournal.com
Are you doing Mystery Hunt or are you in Boston for other reasons?

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-17 08:53 pm (UTC)
From: (Anonymous)
I'm in Boston because A) I had a voucher and B) I wanted to see my honorary nieceling and C) I wanted to see another old friend and his wife (who will be at bowling).

So, no, no Mystery Hunt for me :).

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-17 09:02 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] marphod.livejournal.com
A bunch of us will be doing the Mystery Hunt (me, S_K, Tuirin, jnala, Tikva, etc.). A number of others will be at Arisia (regional science fiction con).

I'm not sure of my availablity, yet. Some will depend on my enjoyment of the hunt.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-17 09:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eirias.livejournal.com
Timing is unfortunate! but couldn't be helped.

Um, I hope the hunt makes you miserable? No, wait, that's not right... :)

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-17 09:58 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ovariance.livejournal.com
Screw the working folk! Oops, I mean, Monday is a holiday (MLK). . .I guess you academic types forget about state holidays.

Pats play at 3.00 on Sunday, so there'll be a big dinner rush at 7.00. And, if they win, extra drunkeness at the pubs. They might wanna touch your goodies.

I probably won't do the Sunday thing because I don't have any place to stay in the city, but I'll see you am Montag!

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-17 10:27 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eirias.livejournal.com
But is MLK day a "most people actually get it off for free" holiday? I thought that was basically only May Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Turkey Day, Christmas and New Years.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-17 10:31 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] marphod.livejournal.com
May day?

No, its not a common holiday.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-17 10:33 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eirias.livejournal.com
Whoa, yeah, don't know where that came from. I meant "Memorial Day." Which at least is _in_ May :)

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-18 11:38 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ovariance.livejournal.com
Yeah, May Day is for Commies. Memorial Day is for winners (i.e. Americans).

Also, Veteran's Day is a federal holiday, always on November 11th, which is Armistice Day/Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-17 10:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] marphod.livejournal.com
We also get President's Day.

And Christmas is called 'Winter Holiday' on our schedule.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-17 10:43 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eirias.livejournal.com
Yes. Because everybody celebrates their Winter Holiday on December 25.

Hee. Now I'm imagining people printing up calendars that say "Solstice (Observed)" on December 25.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-17 11:05 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] silentmachine.livejournal.com
Wow. I'm in Boston right now, too.

What are you doing here?

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-17 11:41 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eirias.livejournal.com
I come once a year or so because I have close friends there; it's my default destination when I've got free airline stuff. This time I'm visiting my friends Andy and Abby, and seeing my honorary nieceling. Come to dinner and bowling, if you're free! It'd be nice to meet up again in person :).

(Are you out visiting Cos, or someone else, or...?)

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-18 01:16 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] silentmachine.livejournal.com
Why yes! Visiting Cos and going to Arisia, too.

Want to see if I can drag him out for some fun? I'm here until Tuesday.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-18 01:58 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eirias.livejournal.com
I'd definitely love to see both of you! but scheduling time that is not Sunday evening will be somewhat dicey just 'cause I don't want to be a rude guest. How much of Arisia are you going to?

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-18 01:34 am (UTC)
cos: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cos
d'oh, you're coming on the weekend of Arisia! When do you arrive, when do you fly home?

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-18 01:57 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eirias.livejournal.com
I arrive tomorrow and leave Monday, but am booked most of the time -- Sunday evening is my freest block of time.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-18 04:52 am (UTC)
cos: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cos
Hmm, hard to schedule anything ahead of time during Arisia, especially since some of the people we're going with aren't here yet. You don't happen to have a cell phone with you do you?

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-19 06:19 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tiurin.livejournal.com
Is there a where yet, for those of us whose plans are still up in the air?

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-19 06:20 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tiurin.livejournal.com
And, for that matter, a who's expected to show?

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-19 12:12 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eirias.livejournal.com
What, seeing me isn't enough motivation? ;)

I haven't gotten any firm yes responses yet, but I'll be there with my hosts, Andy and Abby. We'll be at the plaza in Davis Square for a few minutes to see if anyone shows; if not we'll just pick somewhere and go to dinner, and then bowling at Sacco's afterward.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-21 08:26 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tiurin.livejournal.com
Well, it'd be more than enough motivation if I didn't commit to Hunt, oh, about this time last year? ;)

How'd bowling go?

(no subject)

Date: 2008-01-21 12:13 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eirias.livejournal.com
Bowling was fun -- no DaPpers, but still enjoyable, and gave me my candlepin fix. Andy is hilarious when bowling, it turns out -- he chucks the ball at the pins as hard as humanly possible, and amusing bounces sometimes result.

Profile

eirias: (Default)
eirias

December 2023

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
1718 1920212223
24252627282930
31      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags